Add our Facebook frame
To add a Team Legend photo frame to your Facebook profile, follow the steps below...
- Navigate to your profile picture, select Edit profile picture
- Select the option Add frame
- You should see the Team Legend frame in your list of frame options, if you can't find the frame, search 'Teenage Cancer Trust' in the search and it will be the frame at the top of the list.
- Once you have selected this, you have the option to reposition and resize your profile so it's perfect!
- Select how long you would like the frame to be on your profile picture.
- Select Use as profile picture
That's done! All your Facebook friends will now know you're apart of #TeamLegend!
Customise your virgin money giving page
Customise your Virgin Money Giving online fundraising page so that people know why you're running, and why you need their support. You can do this following the simple steps below:
- Add a photo
- Share your story - let people know why you're running
- Keep people updated on how your training and fundraising is going
- Set a target
Great, you're off to a strong start!
Share your Virgin Money Giving page
Now that your Virgin Money Giving page is setup let’s share it to the world! Promoting on social media can increase your fundraising by approximately £36.
How about writing little bit about why you’ve decided to run for Teenage Cancer Trust? Don’t forget to use our team hashtag #TeamLegend
Get the boss on board
What is match funding?
Match funding is a great way to boost your fundraising. Many companies offer to match donations up to a certain limit.
Why not ask yours and see if they'll be able to help you on your way to smashing your fundraising target
Plan some fundraising activities!
Culinary expert to experimental artist, we've got fundraising ideas for you!
Find out more about gift aid
What is gift aid?
Gift Aid is a Government Scheme which allows us to reclaim tax on donations made to Teenage Cancer Trust. If your sponsors are UK tax payers, they can help raise even more money simply by writing their full name, home address and postcode on the sponsorship form - make sure they don't forget to tick the Gift Aid box!
What can it be claimed on?
Gift Aid can be claimed on individual and sponsorship donations that are made to Teenage Cancer Trust by a UK tax payer. Gift Aid can only be claimed on 'gifts' which means it can't be claimed if the donation someone made was an entry fee or competition fee.
Gift aid and your fundraising
Gift Aid is not offically counted against your sponsorship target and is treated as a bonus. This is because it can take up to four months for Gift Aid to come through once an event has passed. And not all Gift Aid declarations are approved by the Inland Revenue.
Keep people updated
There are lots of ways you can keep your friends and family updated with how your marathon journey is going, it's important to do this to encourage their support.
Here are our top 5 ways you could do this...
- Add updates to your fundraising page
- Start a marathon blog or vlog
- Share updates on your social media accounts
- Set up a specific instagram account to document your progress
- Ask your friends and family to share how proud they are of you!